Permanent, Full Time
Location: London, UK
The Alkebulan Trust has an exciting opening for Group Chief Financial Officer to join them on a permanent basis.
To be considered for this role you will need to have Private Equity, International Group Finance and ERP implementation experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
Play a key role in the leadership of the organisation; bring a strong financial perspective to strategic plans (impact on cash, growth and profitability)
Manage relations with prospective/existing investors.
Own the fundraising process: define optimal capital structure and instruments, lead due diligence process, manage external advisers, negotiate terms and transaction documentation with potential investors.
Develop budgeting & forecasting, management / KPI reporting, provide insightful information and analysis to the CEO, board and external finance providers.
Build core finance function and processes (accounting and tax reporting, internal controls, regulatory returns submissions), oversee day-to-day finance activities.
Regularly interact with and establish cost reporting in relation to the supporting banking infrastructure in Africa and Caribbean (developers, credit risk and operations professionals)
The successful candidate must have comprehensive experience of effectively conducting the above-mentioned duties in a similar role, and must also have the following skills and qualifications:
• High level of extensive financial services experience in a fast-paced environment at a top-tier bank, global management consulting or financial advisory firm
• Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• Private Equity Experience is a must
• Strong ERP system experience, ideally implemented an ERP solution before
• Excellent tax & treasury experience
• Consolidation of accounts across multiple countries & in ideally every continent & multiple currencies
• Strong experience and understanding of the liquidity of cash
• Ideally experience in professional services/consultancy within finance & accounting industry
• Experience driving cost saving initiatives
• Cashflow Management
• Vast experience working with a range of stakeholders
• High level communication skills verbal and written
• Change Management
• Successful fundraising experience, including for an early-stage start-up, exposure to a public offering process
• Deep knowledge of the UK consumer banking and financial technology landscape, a digital bank’s commercial and operating model, a UK bank’s financial statements, accounting principles, regulatory ratios and tax regulations
• Ability to process and analyse big data sets utilising advanced analytics, interact with data scientists and developers
• Self-starter, positive attitude and hands-on approach
• Degree in Economics or Finance, top-tier MBA preferred
• ACCA or equivalent, with proven experience of applying IFRS in a banking environment
• In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
• Excellent Excel skills
• Ability to strategize and solve problems
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and people skills
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
• CPA is a strong advantage
• Investor relations and fundraising
Start Date: Immediately